Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Hi, my name is Trisha McFarland, I'm nine years-old, and I'm going to tell you my life story from beginning to end. It was ten o'clock in the morning, I was in the backseat of my mother's Dodge Caravan wearing a blue Red Sox jersey that said ' Gordon 36' on the back of it playing with my doll, Mona. At some point we got lost in the woods when not to be freaked out by when I was eleven I was trying not to be terrified. I started to think to myself that everything goes wrong sometimes but it always goes right at the end. Of course, we made it out of the woods but out of nowhere my mom and my brother were fighting again as we drove along the road and again it was about the same thing as last, they both fought against each other. Like always, the fight was about my brother having to get to live with our dad and not getting to stay at the school he loved.  At the time mom and dad divorced each of us had to go with mom; my brother wasn't happy about it  since that happened. All my mom and my brother do now a days is just fight with one other.  I want to say something to both of them but I was too scared of doing so because I thought if I said anything then I would get yelled and screamed at. So anytime they fight I just sit quietly in the backseat of the car.
The next day we stopped at a park to walk around and to stretch our legs. Boy, was I happy that we stopped at the park because as I was walking there I saw just on the other side of the park was the man himself  Tom Gordon. It was amazing to see him. I wanted to go up to him and say hi but I was too scared to do it. As I got the courage of doing so my mom told me it was time to go and I was sad that we had to leave the park.  As we sat in the car the whole entire time I was just thinking how extraordinary it would've been if I talked to him . As we drove leaving the park , again my mom and brother started to fight so like always I just sat quietly in the back playing with my doll and sometimes looking out the window.  It seems like every time we are driving they would go at each other. Oh, how I wanted to speak up and say something to both of them but of course I didn't because then I would be getting yelled and be tangled into their war fare; so I just continued to play with my doll.
Until, we made a another stop at the park and we got out of the car to get some fresh air, I got out of the car first as they keep fighting at one another. I'll wanted to say something but I didn't and went away from the car starting to walk around the park holding my doll in my hand. Looking around at the trees and bright blue sky as I slowly looked back there I saw again was Tom Gordon but this time I went up to him said hi and walked away going back to the car. Getting in the car as my mom started the car and we left the park at that moment I was so happy , I was at peace with myself that I didn’t car that my mom and brother were as we keep going along the trip in the car.

1 comment:

  1. The blog is unreadable. There is something wrong with the layout. I enjoyed the content once I copied and pasted the text into a word document.

    ReplyDelete